About the Month of Rabiul Awwal:- The month of Rabiul Awwal is the most significant month in the Islamic history, because humanity has been blessed in this month by the birth of Rasulullah . Before the birth of Rasulullah not only the Arabian peninsula, but also the so-called civilized nations of Rome and Persian empire drowned in the darkness of ignorance, superstitions, oppression and unrest. Rasulullah came with the eternal truth of tawheed.
Rabiul Awwal is the 3rd month of the Islamic Calendar.
The meaning of the word "Rabiul Awwal":- The first month of spring.
Auspicious Occasions:- Rasulullah was born in this month as a mercy for all and departed from this world after 63 years.
Events of Rabiul Awwal:-
1) Rasulullah migrated from Makka to Madina Munawwara.
2) Battle of Buwaat took place in the year 2 A.H.
3) Battle of Saf'vaan took place in the year 2 A.H.
4) Abu Bakr 's daughter, Asma was born 6 years before Prophecy
5) Ruqayya the daughter of Rasulullah was born 7 years before Prophecy.
6) Abu Bakr was appointed Caliph.
Matrimonies within Rabiul Awwal:-
1) Umme Kulthum was married in this month to the 3rd Caliph, Uthman , in 3 A.H.
Deaths in Rabiul Awwal:-
1) Mother of the believers, wife of Rasulullah , Zainab passed away in the year 4 A.H.
2) Ibrahim , the son of Maaria Qibtiya & of Rasulullah passed away in the year 10 A.H.
Please email me all broken links, questions or comments, email@example.com since July 2006